The To Hell & Back Bicycle Tour is two days, October 17th and 18th. Each leg of the journey is approximately 60 miles, or a 120 mile round trip. Riders can choose to ride either day or both.
Registration is $25 and is available online at https://www.crowdrise.com/ToHellBack2015.
In Person Registration is also available at Eastside Teen Outreach, 15800 E. 10 Mile Road, Eastpointe, MI. Open registration will be available Friday October 16th from 6pm-9pm, Saturday from 7am until the start of the ride, and Sunday at Screams Ice Cream in Hell, MI at 7am. Riders will receive their instructions upon registering.
Kick Off – Saturday, October 17th, 7:00am:
A light continental breakfast will be available. We will make some short announcements and say a prayer for our riders at 7:45 and riders will be released immediately after. This is a long ride on some busy roads so HELMETS ARE REQUIRED! Riders should arrive in Hell anywhere between 1pm and 5pm depending on your ability. We will have cars following groups. Please try to stay in a group and please use the cars if you need to. There will be three water stations. Please stop at these stations to replenish your water and to give our volunteers a photo op!
Things to do in Hell: Grab dinner and ice cream at “Hell in a Handbasket”, and be sure to grab some gifts at Screams gift shop and maybe get a miniature golf game in. You are on your own for a hotel, but we’ll be happy to shuttle you to a nearby hotel if you need a ride. Here’s a list of nearby hotels.
The Ride Home – Sunday, October 18th, 7:00am:
Light breakfast at 7, announcements at 7:45 then the ride. The course is the same as Saturday but in reverse. Please again, use your helmet and stay safe. There will be a welcome celebration starting at 4pm at Eastside Teen Outreach. You are welcome to stay at Eastside Teen Outreach if you arrive earlier or feel free to do some sight seeing in sunny Eastpointe. 🙂
- “To Hell & Back” is promoted in the official 2015 League of Michigan Bicyclists Ride Calendar – an annual publication
- The event will also be marketed via Facebook and the ToHellandBackRide.com website where advanced registration will be available or all riders beginning August 1, 2015.
- Eastside Teen Outreach is the registration/start/finish area as well as the location for Saturday’s breakfast and Sunday’s celebration. Separate sponsorships are available for the breakfasts and Sunday celebration.
- Online registration is encouraged, but “walk-in” registrations the day before and the morning of the event are welcome as well.
- The ride will consist of two 60 mile legs. “There” – from Eastside Teen Outreach to Hell – on Saturday, October 17th and “Back” from Hell to Eastside Teen Outreach on Sunday, October 18th. Registration price allows riders to ride there, back or both.
- This is a fundraiser for a worthy cause so pledges are encouraged. You can download a pledgesheet or use the CrowdRise page to gather donations. If you raise $100 or more, you will receive a free t-shirt!
- T-Shirts will be available for sale the day of the event for $15.